Website maintenance is the act of checking your site for snags and drawbacks, and keeping it up to date and relevant for various purposes. The act itself includes revising things such as page designs, editing text, photos, services, and products, if applicable, to keep your website up to date.
Additionally, things such as security patches, software updates for things like themes and plugins, all need to be carried out to make sure your website remains updated with all fixes to keep it running smoothly. Other website management tasks such as image and database optimisations, 24/7 spam and bot protection, and daily backups all make maintenance pivotal.
Having a well-maintained website means a lot for your business, as a relevant page attracts more traffic, and traffic incites sales, and sales lean towards success. peterborough web designagency Elara Web have shared some of the tasks they routinely carry out within their maintenance package:
• Make sure that your pages are working as they are supposed to and monitor the entirety of your structure
• Keep your software, themes and plugins updated
• Fix 404 errors and difficulties revolving redirection
• Update all the blogs that have outdated information
• Manage the security section properly and get rid of the bugs.
• Review website statistics from the last month and see if anything can be improved
• Daily backup of your site
• Optimise images and the database
If you cannot find the time to manage your website, don’t consider skimping out on it. Elara Web is based in Peterborough and provides a full range of web design services from complete website redesigns, website maintenance and hosting, as well as search engine optimisation. If you are local to the area and want to work with an agency specialising in web design in Peterborough, get in touch with Elara Web today.